Update Microsoft Office for Mac
To update Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac you must run a separate utility. This utility is called "Microsoft AutoUpdate" and is located in the "Applications" folder. For more specific instructions, please see the instructions below:
- After updating, the version listed under "About Office" may not immediately update to reflect the actual version number. If you run Microsoft AutoUpdate and no updates were found, no further action is required.
- You must have administrator privileges in order to install this update.
- You must close all Microsoft Office 2004 applications before updating your software.
- Open your "Macintosh HD."
- Open the "Applications" folder.
- Double-click "Microsoft AutoUpdate."
- Verify that "Automatically" is selected, then click "Check for Updates."
- Once the update has been identified click "Install."
- After clicking "Install" you will be required to enter your username and password to authorize the installation.