Setup TTUnet VPN for Windows XP
Please print out these instructions and follow the steps on your computer.
STEP 1: Verify that your TTU Active Directory Account is Active:
- Go to
https://eraider.ttu.edu and sign in using your eRaider username and
- Under Active Directory Information, verify that your TTU\username (e.g. TTU\jdoe) is set to "Active."
STEP 2: Configure your VPN client:
- Please DO NOT make any other changes to your configuration than those specified in these instructions.
- It is VERY important that users install current service packs and critical updates prior to configuring your VPN connection (Microsoft Windows Update).
STEP 1: Go to Start -> Control Panel.
STEP 2: Double-click Network Connections.
STEP 3: Click File -> New Connection.
STEP 4: The Network Connection Wizard will appear, click Next.
STEP 5: Choose Connect to the network at my workplace, click Next.
STEP 6: Choose Virtual Private Network connection, click Next.
STEP 7: Type TTUnet in the name field, click Next.
STEP 8: Type vpn.ttu.edu in Hostname field, click Next.
STEP 9: Check the Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop if you desire. Click Finish.
STEP 10: In the Connect TTUnet VPN dialog box, enter the following, then click Properties.
- User name: Your eRaider username
- Password: Your eRaider password
STEP 11: Click the Security tab. Verify the following, then click IPSec Settings.
- Typical (recommended settings)
- Require secured password.
STEP 12: Check Use pre-shared key for authentication. Enter the following key: TTUnetVPN. Click OK.
NOTE: The key is case sensitive.
STEP 13: Click the Networking tab. Set the Type of VPN server to L2TP IPSec VPN. Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on the Properties button.
STEP 14: Verify the following are checked, then click Advanced.
- Obtain an IP address automatically
- Obtain DNS server address automatically
STEP 15: In the General tab. Uncheck Use default gateway on remote network. Click OK on all preceding boxes.
NOTE: Leave the box checked if you plan to access TTU online library resources, or to access both TTU and TTUHSC resources (such as shared calendars).
STEP 16: Click Connect. When connected you will see a connection icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.