Configure Entourage 2008 for IMAP/SMTP on Mac OS X
NOTE: If Texas Tech University is not your Internet Service Provider (ISP), you will need to setup a VPN connection to TTU in order to use TTU's SMTP servers to send e-mail. Please click here for instructions on setting up a VPN connection to TTU.
STEP 1: With Entourage open, click Entourage -> Account Settings.
STEP 2: Click New.
STEP 3: Select IMAP, click OK.
STEP 4: Enter the following:
- Account name: Any name you wish
- Name: Last name, First name (e.g. Doe, John)
- E-mail address: Your TechMail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Account ID: eRaider@ttu.edu (e.g. email@example.com)
- IMAP Server: mail.ttu.edu
- SMTP Server: smtp.ttu.edu
STEP 5: Under Receiving mail, click the button Click here for advanced sending options. Verify the following:
Check This IMAP service requires a secure connection (SSL)
STEP 6: Under Sending mail, click the button Click here for advanced sending options. Verify the following:
Check SMTP service requires a secure connection (SSL)
Check SMTP server requires authentication
Select Use same settings as receiving mail server
Domain for unqualified addresses: ttu.edu
STEP 7: Click OK.