Manually Configure Outlook 2010 for Outlook Anywhere (HTTP)
STEP 1: Navigate to Mail in the Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start -> Control Panel -> Mail.
- Windows Vista/Windows 7: Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Mail.
- Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit: Start -> Control Panel -> View 32-bit Control Panel Items -> Mail.
STEP 2: Click E-mail Accounts.
STEP 3: Click your Exchange account, then click the Change button.
STEP 4: Click the More Settings button.
NOTE: Although Cached Exchange Mode is not required it is recommended in order to increase performance. Consider checking the box Use Cached Exchange Mode to enable this feature.
STEP 5: Click the Connection tab, look at the bottom, and select the checkbox Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP. Click the Exchange Proxy Settings button.
STEP 6: Configure the settings as seen below then click OK.
- https:// mail.ttu.edu
- Check Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate:
- Proxy authentication settings: Basic Authentication
STEP 7: Click OK.
STEP 8: Click Next.
STEP 9: Click Finish.
STEP 10: Click Close.
STEP 11: Close the Control Panel window.
STEP 12: Open Outlook 2010.
NOTE: If prompted for credentials, type ttu\eRaider, where eRaider is your eRaider username. Type your password in the "Password" field, then click OK.
Microsoft Outlook 2010 will now be able to connect through the HTTP:// OWA server ports and when off campus, VPN will no longer have to be used for TechMail access via Microsoft Outlook.