Setup TechMail for POP3/SMTP in Outlook 2010
STEP 1: Navigate to Mail in the Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start -> Control Panel -> Mail.
- Windows Vista/Windows 7: Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Mail.
- Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit: Start -> Control Panel -> View 32-bit Control Panel Items -> Mail.
STEP 2: Click E-mail Accounts.
STEP 3: Click New.
STEP 4: Select E-mail Account, and then click Next.
STEP 5: Click Manually configure server settings or additional server types, click Next.
STEP 6: Click Internet E-mail, click Next.
STEP 7: Enter the following information.
- Your Name: First & Last Name
- Email Address: Your TechMail Address
- Account Type: POP3
- Incoming mail server: mail.ttu.edu
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.ttu.edu
- User Name: eRaider@ttu.edu (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: Your eRaider Password
Click the More Settings button.
STEP 8: Click the Outgoing Server tab, then select the following.
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: Checked
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server: Checked
STEP 9: Click the Advanced tab. Verify the following, then click OK.
- Incoming server (POP3): This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL): Checked
- Outgoing server (SMTP): Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS
NOTE: By default a copy of your email is left on the server. Select your preferred setting under the "Delivery" section.
STEP 10: Click Next.
STEP 11: Outlook 2010 will test your account and verify you can send and receive email. Click Close when it has finished.
STEP 12: Click Finish.
You should now be connected to Texas Tech's POP3 Server in Outlook 2010. After successfully following these instructions, e-mails should begin appearing in your Inbox.
NOTE: It could take a few moments before e-mails begin appearing depending on the amount and/or size of the e-mails.