Outlook 2007 IMAP Setup
NOTE: If Texas Tech University is not your Internet Service Provider (ISP), you may need to setup a VPN connection to TTU in order to use the Exchange servers on campus. Please click here for instructions on setting up a VPN connection to TTU.
STEP 1: With Outlook 2007 open go to Tools -> Account Settings.
STEP 2: Click New.
STEP 3: Click Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, click Next.
STEP 4: Check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types box, click Next.
STEP 5: Click Internet E-mail, click Next.
STEP 6: Enter the following information, when finished, click the More Settings button.
- Your Name: First & Last Name
- Email Address: Your TechMail Address
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: mail.ttu.edu
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.ttu.edu
- User Name: eRaider@ttu.edu (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your eRaider Password
STEP 7: Click the Outgoing Server tab, then verify the following.
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: Checked
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server: Checked
STEP 8: Click the Advanced tab. Verify the following, then click OK.
- Incoming server (IMAP):
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP):
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS
STEP 9: Click Next, then Finish.