In order to use Virtual Private Networking (VPN), you will need to carefully configure your computer's VPN software. Select the instructions below that are appropriate for your operating system.
Please do not make any other changes to your configuration than those specified in these instructions.
Create a New VPN Connection:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)
- Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard)
- Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger)
- iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
Modify an Existing VPN Connection:
TTU IT Division employees have tested a Cisco client with TTUnet VPN and found it to be stable. The settings below can be used for some Cisco clients as well as many 3rd-party VPN clients.
NOTE: Not all VPN clients need these settings.
IPsec settings for the TTUnet VPN service are as follows:
- VPN Type = L2TP
- SecID (Group Name/ID) = VPN_USER
- SEC Password (Group Password) = ttunetvpn
- Hostname/VPN Concentrator = vpn.ttu.edu
- Login = eRaider username and password
- IPsec Secret = TTUnetVPN