Connect to TTUnet using WPA2 with Intel PROSet
STEP 1: Open the Intel PROSet Utility. (This can be done by double clicking on the icon in the system tray, or going to: Start -> All Programs -> Intel PROSet Wireless -> Intel PROSet Wireless)
STEP 2: Click Help -> About and check the version of the software. If the version is below 10 the software will need to be updated.
STEP 3: Click the Profiles button.
STEP 4: If TTUnet is already listed, select it and click Remove. Then click Add.
STEP 5: Enter the information listed below and click Next.
- Profile Name: TTUnet
- Wireless Network Name (SSID): TTUnet
- Operating Mode: Network (Infrastructure)
STEP 6: The software may attempt to automatically detect the Security Settings. After it is finished click Next.
STEP 7: Enter the following information for Security Settings.
- Select Enterprise Security
- Network Authentication: WPA2 - Enterprise
- Data Encryption: AES - CCMP
- Authentication Type: PEAP
- Authentication Protocol: MS-CHAP-V2
- User Credentials: Use the following
- User Name: Your eRaider Username
- Domain: TTU
- Password and Confirm Password: Your eRaider Password
- Roaming Identity: Your Texas Tech email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
STEP 8: Click Cisco Options and ensure that all of the following boxes are checked. Then click OK. This will return you to the previous window.
- Allow Fast Roaming (CCKM)
- Enable Cisco Compatible Extensions
- Enable Radio Management Support
STEP 9: Click Next to open the PEAP Server section. Fill out the following information and click OK.
- Check Validate Server Certificate.
- Certificate Issuer should be set to Any Trusted CA.
- Ensure that Specify Server or Certificate Name is unchecked.