Connect to TTUnet using WPA2 in Windows XP
STEP 1: Go to the Control Panel and open Network Connections.
NOTE: You may need to click Switch to Classic View in order to see the Network Connections icon.
STEP 2: Right-click on Wireless Network Connection and choose Properties.
NOTE: If you do not see Wireless Network Connection, ensure that your wireless card is turned on and properly installed.
STEP 3: Click the Wireless Networks tab and make sure Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings is checked. If TTUnet is listed under preferred networks, select it and click Remove. Then click Add.
NOTE: If you do not have a Wireless Networks tab, it's possible that a third-party wireless utility is managing your wireless connection. Instructions for the Dell WLAN and Intel PROSET utilities can be found here.
STEP 4: Enter the Following information in the window that appears.
- Network name (SSID): TTUnet
- Connect even if this network is not broadcasting: checked
- Network Authentication: WPA2
- Data encryption: AES
NOTE: If WPA2 is not an option for network authentication, please ensure that the latest Service Pack and updates are installed.
STEP 5: Click the Authentication tab and enter the following, then click Properties.
- EAP type: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Uncheck Authenticate as computer when computer information is available.
- Uncheck Authenticate as guest when user or computer information is unavailable.
STEP 6: Verify the following, then click Configure:
- Validate server certificate is checked.
- Select Authentication Method: Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
- Enable Fast Reconnect is unchecked.
STEP 7: Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) and click OK. Then click OK on all the proceeding windows.
STEP 8: Wait until this notification pops up from your system tray. Then click inside the bubble to open the login window.
STEP 9: You will now be prompted to login, enter your credentials and click OK.
- User name: Your eRaider Username
- Password: Your eRaider password
- Logon domain: TTU
STEP 10: Click OK on the "Validate Server Certificate" window.