Configure Your E-mail Client for TechMail
TechMail is the Information Technology Division's email and collaborative messaging service. By combining the best features of existing services into one comprehensive offering, TechMail is the next generation of enterprise messaging for Texas Tech University.
TechMail can be used both on and off campus in a variety of different ways.
- The recommended method is by using a Microsoft Exchange configuration, if
your email software includes this option. Using Exchange provides access to the full features of the
TechMail system such as Out of Office Assistant, folder sharing and
permissions, integration with the TechIM service, contact
information management, and personal calendaring allowing meetings between
individuals to be planned and organized.
- Your email is also accessible by using an up-to-date
Web browser for access on campus or around the world using the Microsoft
Outlook Web Access at http://mail.ttu.edu.
- If you have a mobile device such as a smartphone, you can use Microsoft ActiveSync technology to access your TechMail.
- Android 2.1
- BlackBerry Curve
- iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad (iOS 2 or iOS 3)
- iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad (iOS4)
- Palm VersaMail
- Windows Mobile 6
- Windows Mobile 5
- Erase All Data From Your Mobile Device Using Outlook Web Access
POP/SMTP or IMAP/SMTP:
NOTE: POP/IMAP connection methods are the least preferred and are not recommended. There are scenarios in which old clients could fail to operate correctly.