AutoCAD is a powerful 2-D and 3-D design and drafting platform that automates your design tasks. It provides digital tools so that you can focus on the design rather than the software itself. Architects, engineers, drafters, and design-related professionals use AutoCAD to create, view, manage, plot, share, and reuse accurate, information-rich drawings.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate both 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP3) 32-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2) 64-bit
Exceptions: AutoCAD® Map 3D and Autodesk® SketchBook® Designer do not support Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition. Autodesk® Infrastructure Modeler does not support Microsoft Windows XP.
Supported CPU Type:
- Windows 7: 3.0 GHz or higher Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ dual-core processor with SSE2 technology
- Windows XP: 1.6 GHz or higher Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor with SSE2 technology
Exception: for 3D modeling, regardless of operating system, use an Intel Pentium 4, AMD Athlon processor 3.0 GHz or higher, or Intel or AMD dual-core processor 2.0 GHz or higher.
- Minimum – 4GB
- Recommended – 8GB
Recommended Graphics Hardware:
DirectX® 9.0 or higher, 256 MB or higher graphics card memory
Exception: If using Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler, use a Microsoft DirectX 10-capable graphics card with 512 MB of video memory supporting 2x antialiasing (2x AA) If using Autodesk Mudbox®, use an OpenGL-capable card.
Recommended Display Resolution:
- 1,280 X 1,024 with true color
Recommended Hard Disk
- 500 GB
- Pointing Device
- Microsoft mouse-compliant
Exception: If using Autodesk® 3ds Max® or Autodesk® Showcase®, use a three-button mouse.
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 or higher
Exception: If using Autodesk 3ds Max or Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler, use Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later.
To obtain AutoCAD, complete and submit the AutoCAD Order Form.
This software is not available for student-owned computers.