ESRI GIS Software
GIS software provides the functions and tools needed to store, analyze, and display information about places. The key components of GIS software are:
- Tools for entering and manipulating geographic information such as addresses or political boundaries.
- A database management system (DBMS).
- Tools that create intelligent digital maps you can analyze, query for more information, or print for presentation.
- An easy-to-use graphical-user interface (GUI).
- PC with at least a 450MHz processor
- Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6a, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
- 128MB of RAM
Other Recommended Requirements
- 256MB RAM
- 650MHz processor
- Fast Disk (e.g., SCSI)
- OpenGL card for use of ArcGIS 3D Analyst
Please contact Michael Huffman at 472-2906 for information.
For assistance with ESRI software, please contact IT Help Central at 806-742-HELP (4357).
Please note that this software is only available for Texas Tech owned computers.