Virtual PC for Mac is a true Mac application that emulates a PC on your Mac, making it easy to run programs such as Microsoft® Access, Visio, and Project, in addition to custom-built enterprise software tools.
To use Virtual PC for Mac Version 6.1 for OS X, you need:
- 500MHz native2 G3 or G4 Macintosh with a CD-ROM drive (Please note that Virtual PC for Mac Versions 6.1 and lower do not run on the G5 Macintosh)
- Mac OS X version 10.1.5, or 10.2.1 (Jaguar) or later
To use Virtual PC for Mac Version 6.1 for OS 9, you need:
- Any native2 G3 or G4 Macintosh with a CD-ROM drive
- Mac OS 9.2.2
To use the Windows XP Professional Guest OS with Virtual PC for Mac Version 6.1, you need:
- 256 MB physical RAM (Mac OS X)
- 192 MB physical RAM (Mac OS 9)
- 2 GB free hard disk space
- The hard disk should be in Mac OS Extended (HFS+) format, the default format for Mac OS X. Although you can perform a drag-and-drop installation of and run Office v. X from a hard disk that is in another format, Microsoft does not currently support such a configuration. To determine the format of your hard disk, see the Devices and Volumes tab of Apple System Profiler.
- Upgrade cards and accelerators are not supported.
This software is available for download from the eRaider Web site.