Microsoft Windows is a comprehensive operating systems for PC computers.
- Dual Core, 2.0 GHz processor
- 2 GB RAM (memory)
- 160 GB hard drive space
- 24X CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
- 128 MB Integrated video
- 17"+ Flat Panel Display
- Integrated, Standard sound
Please visit our website for further information regarding minimum and recommended hardware requirements: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/ithelpcentral/configurations.php. If you have a customized computer or are running specialized hardware, please check the manufacturer for up-to-date Windows 7 drivers. Also, Microsoft has also provided a Windows 7 Upgrade Advisory tool that you may use to assess your computer. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx
Windows XP Professional
- PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor (recommended); 233 MHz (minimum)
- 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher
- 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space
- Super VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- Additional Items or Services Required to Use Certain Windows XP Features
- Help Central recommends the following:
- 2.0 GHz Pentium IV or higher
- 1 GB RAM or higher
- 40 GB hard disk space or higher
- DVD drive
- SVGA video card (800 x 600)
- Note: This information is provided for those that are interested in upgrading to the Windows Vista operation system - there is no requirement for anyone to upgrade at this time. Windows XP Professional will continue to be supported by Microsoft and the IT Division of TTU.
- Additional requirements for certain features.
- Microsoft Vista uses considerably more system resources than previous operating systems, so please make sure your system meets the minimum system requirements before upgrading. Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor can help you determine if Vista will run on your computer.