Goal 3. Internet Presence
Continue to provide the official World-Wide Web presence for Texas Tech University.
Critical Success Factors (measures the degree of success over the next 5 years):
- Provide up-to-date information for TTU contacts and information.
- Bring World-Wide Web interface to developing technologies.
- Bring TTU Web in compliance with the Texas Administrative Code (TAC) and federal guidelines.
- Make 75% of relevant services available via the Internet.
- Enhance navigation of TTU Web with the establishment of a site-mapping feature.
Objective 3.1: Maintain official Web site for Texas Tech University.
- Continue to maintain the official Web site for the University.
- Ensure the accuracy of the data on the official Web site for the University.
- Enhance web presence to provide uniform web presence.
- Accuracy and relevancy of the data on the official Web site for the University.
Objective 3.2: Establish a visual consistency for all related TTU Web sites.
- Design and provide templates for departmental, organizational, and student Web sites.
- Provide initial assistance with Web setup.
- Redesign existing applications to conform to standards.
- End-user review and feedback.
Objective 3.3: Keep pace with emerging technologies in the Internet area.
- Apply new technologies to the TTU Web presence, bringing this service to devices such as PDAs, phones, etc.
- Maintain cutting-edge developers by providing high levels of training (40-80 hours per year).
- Review of current technology in relation to peers.
- Review staff training levels.