Goal 4. Marketing
Market and promote products and services within the IT Division to increase awareness of TTU technology services to students, faculty, and staff.
Critical Success Factors (measures the degree of success over the next 5 years):
- Ensure awareness and usage of available resources by students, faculty, and staff.
- Promote IT products and services to students, faculty, and staff in an efficient and informative manner.
- Make 75% of relevant services available via the Internet.
Objective 4.1: Schedule promotional events and market campaigns during events such as University Day and Orientation.
- Provide orientation to IT services and support to all incoming students, faculty, and staff.
- Increase the frequency and depth of informal and formal contacts to our community of customers - especially students and faculty.
- Provide comprehensive, efficient introduction to IT Division resources and services for all students, staff, and faculty members.
- Involve student assistants to promote products and services to TTU students.
- Amount of awareness due to marketing campaigns.
- Increased use of labs.
- Increased downloads and purchases of software.
Objective 4.2: Assess marketing needs of departments within the Information Technology Division.
- Hold yearly marketing events for departments.
- Collaborate with each IT director to access marketing needs and establish goals.
- Assist units in the Division in achieving their outreach and economic development goals.
- Implement a department-wide strategy for measuring customer service.
- Feedback from departments and directors.