- Any student, faculty, or staff member at Texas Tech University who has registered may attend our ShortCourses, which are a free service to the university community. Classes are not available to spouses, children, or close relatives or dependents of faculty, staff, or students.
- You will need to register for all ShortCourses. Registration is done online only. We encourage you to register even if the class is full. There is a chance that some people may cancel their registration or may not attend the day of the class. See Registration Help for assistance.
- Class sizes are limited. If you are unable to attend a class you are registered for, please cancel your registration to free space in the class for others. If you cannot attend, please contact Heide Mansouri (742-1650).
- If you are registered for a class, please arrive within ten minutes of the scheduled starting time to guarantee your space in the class. Ten minutes before the scheduled starting time, spaces are open for waiting list use.
- Due to heavy usage of the labs as the semester concludes, we do not teach ShortCourses during the last two weeks of the fall and spring semesters.
- All scheduled ShortCourses, except requested classes, will be held in the ATLC (the west basement of the University Library building) computer labs.
- Classes scheduled outside of normal university business hours (M-F, 8 AM - 5 PM) which do not have four or more registered students 24 hours before the scheduled time of the ShortCourse will not meet. Customers will be contacted and consulted individually and given the option to be enrolled in the next available scheduled course or schedule a time for individual or group instruction during normal business hours.
Certificate of Attendance
We will provide a certificate of ShortCourse attendance upon request. To request a certificate of attendance, please email your request to Heide Mansouri, ShortCourse Manager.
You are welcome to attend any shortcourse class you are interested in. However, please be aware that some classes are more advanced than others or build off ideas presented in basic courses. Unless you possess prior knowledge, it is highly encouraged for attendees to complete Intro and Basic courses before registering for Advanced courses.
For those who need a parking spot, try the visitors' area in the Music Building lot (R11, right off 18th Street and Boston just to the north of the entry station), which is available unless closed for band practices. Additionally, there is the visitors' area just to the east of the University Theatre and south of the Psychology building. This is adjacent to the R03 lot (reserved). Visitor parking areas charge a fee per hour. It's easiest if you have the correct change.
If you have a valid permit for any TTU lot (commuter, residence hall, R01, etc.), you are accepted anywhere in a pay lot after 5:30pm (for those attending late classes). For more information regarding parking, please call 742-7275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation of Special Participant Needs
We will make every effort to assist faculty, students, or staff with special needs. Any faculty, student, or staff members attending Technology Support ShortCourses and because of a disability may require some special arrangements should contact Heide Mansouri at (742-1650) as soon as possible prior to the scheduled ShortCourse and request necessary accommodations.
We will provide reasonable accommodations, given ample time to make the necessary adjustments. Students should present appropriate verification from the Access TECH Office, in accordance with Texas Tech University Operating Policy 10.08.
Faculty or staff members who wish to request a Technology Support ShortCourse for a group of students or staff, please contact Heide Mansouri, ShortCourse Manager, at 742-1650. The requested classes can be held in your department computer labs or the ATLC computer labs.