TTU K-12 exams require supervision from an approved proctor in order to maintain the integrity and validity of the exam. Students will need to designate a proctor when they request the final exam for a course or when they enroll in a CBE.
Guidelines for Finding an Approved Proctor
- For students enrolled full-time in a school other than TTU K-12, their school counselor, principal, or superintendent must proctor the exam. If approved by the local school, students can take exams at a community college or university testing center.
- Students enrolled in TTU K-12 full-time should refer to the student handbook for proctor
guidelines or contact their advisor. Possible proctors include:
- Public or accredited private school administrator, counselor, or teacher
- College, university, or private testing center
- Public librarian; or
- A certified retired teacher, counselor, or administrator (a copy of their professional certification will be required).
- For students who are homeschooled and not enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited public/private/charter school or TTU K-12's full-time program, they will need a college or private testing center to proctor the exam.
- For international students, please contact TTU K-12 for testing/proctor options.
- A proctor from a non-accredited school cannot be used.
- A proctor who is related to the student taking the exam or who has been the tutor of the student taking the exam cannot be used.
- Please notify the proctor prior to sending TTU K-12 their information.
- Failure to obtain the proctor's approval could delay taking the exam.
- Proctors may charge a fee for proctoring an exam; students should verify fees and payment policy before scheduling an exam.
- When requesting a final exam or enrolling in a CBE, students will need to provide
the following proctor information to TTU K-12:
- Name and Title
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
If a student requests a proctor who cannot proctor an exam, there will be a $25 proctor exchange fee for TTU K-12 to process and send the exam to a new proctor.
Becoming a Proctor
Please contact TTU K-12 at email@example.com or (800) 692-6877 for questions regarding becoming an approved proctor.