What's the Museum Science Program MISSION?
The mission of the of Museum Science Program is to prepare graduate
students for entry into the international community of active
professionals by providing both theoretical and practical preparation
and acting as a responsible academic element of Texas Tech University.
What DEGREE is possible?
The Museum Science Program results in a Master of Arts (MA) in Museum Science.
Explore the MUSEUM SCIENCE PROGRAM'S TWO TRACKS!...
• Click for some useful LINKS to jobs, organizations,
• Click here for Student Internship opportunities.
For more information about the Museum Science Program and its tracks, contact…
Museum Science Program
Museum of Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas 79409-3191Tel: 806.742.2442
GUIDELINES & RECORD OF PROGRESS (.pdf)
Examples of Student Poster projects that won awards for their presentations during the annual week-long TTU Graduate School Poster event held at the Museum in 2013:
- Doverspike, Amy: "Solid As A Rock: The Utilization of Polyvinyl Acetate to Stabilize and Consolidate Museum Sandstone Objects"
- Reel, Megan: "Rural Community Museums and the Effects of Globalization"
- SoRelle, Keith: "Geoarchaeological Study of Interactions Between Ancient Peoples and Paleoenvironments Along Mustang Draw in Martin County, Texas"
• Below are examples of student work in Pachyderm: