What is the Museum Science Program's MISSION?
The mission of the of Museum Science Program is to prepare graduate
students for entry into the international community of active
[museum] professionals by providing both theoretical and practical preparation
and acting as a responsible academic element of Texas Tech University.
What DEGREE is possible?
The Museum Science Program results in a MASTER OF ARTS (MA) in Museum Science.
Explore the Museum Science Program's TWO CURRICULUM TRACKS!
• Click for some useful LINKS to jobs, organizations,
• Click here for STUDENT INTERNSHIP opportunities.
For more information about the MUSEUM SCIENCE PROGRAM and its curricula tracks, contact…
Museum Science Program
Museum of Texas Tech University
Lubbock, Texas 79409-3191
Academic FORMS and DOCUMENTS for the Museum Science Program and its curricular tracks.
2012 GUIDELINES & RECORD OF PROGRESS (PDF)
2013 GUIDELINES & RECORD OF PROGRESS (PDF)
SPOTLIGHT ON MUSEUM SCIENCE STUDENTS
• Museum Science students brought home top honors from the 2013 Mountain Plains Museum Association annual meeting in Lincoln, Nebraska.
• 2013 Graduate Museum Management Intern at the National Park Service's Harper's Ferry is recognized as July 2013's Volunteer of the Month.
- Whitney Farmer (2013) makes a sterling impression at Harper's Ferry. Click here.
• Examples of Museum Science student poster projects, which won awards for their presentations during the annual week-long TTU Graduate School Poster event held at the Museum in 2013:
- Doverspike, Amy: "Solid As A Rock: The Utilization of Polyvinyl Acetate to Stabilize and Consolidate Museum Sandstone Objects"
- Reel, Megan: "Rural Community Museums and the Effects of Globalization"
- SoRelle, Keith: "Geoarchaeological Study of Interactions Between Ancient Peoples and Paleoenvironments Along Mustang Draw in Martin County, Texas"
• Below are examples of Museum Science student work in Pachyderm, 2008-2010:
Other Academic Endeavors
CIDOC SUMMER SCHOOL, July 7-12, 2013.
Museum Documentation, Principles and Practice. For information click here.