Stay up to date with Museum events, exhibitions, and more!
Explore the links below...
Events / Programs / Current Exhibits / Coming Attractions / General Info
- 6… First Friday Art Trail, 6-9pm. Free public event
- 5:30pm… Seasonal Stargazing (Fall, Winter)*
- 6:30pm… "One World, One Sky"*
- 6:30-7:30pm… Bedtime@The Museum—Christmas from Heaven: The True Story of the Berlin Candy Bomber by Tom Brokaw, ill. by Robert T. Barrett. For ages 8 and under with accompanying adult.
- 7:30pm… "Two Small Pieces of Glass"*
* usual ticket prices apply.
- 7… Holiday@The Museum: Holiday on the Homefront, 1-4pm. Festive cookies and hot cocoa, Homemade Holidays take-home arts and crafts, and a visit from a very special Ho-ho-ho-ing guest! Make Snowflakes, Paper Globes, Ornaments, Gift Tags, Spin Tops, and more! Free admission and parking.
- 10… Toddler Tuesday: I Love a Parade, 10:30-11:30am. Ages 2-5 with accompanying adults. Space limited. Register Free at 806.742.2432 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 17... The Westwinds Brass Band's Annual Dean Killion Memorial Scholarship Concert, Helen DeVitt Jones Auditorium, 7:30pm (West doors open at 7pm). Enjoy traditional brass band favorites, marches, overtures, music from Broadway musicals, and a wide variety of sacred and secular Christmas music. Admission is FREE; however, donations will be accepted for the Killion Scholarship Fund.
- 22-Jan 1, 2014... CLOSED for University holiday - Museum, Planetarium, & Lubbock Lake Landmark. Regular visitor hours resume Jan. 2, 2014.
- 1… CLOSED for University holiday - Museum, Moody Planetarium, & Lubbock Lake Landmark. Normal hours resume on Jan. 2.
- 3… Model Trains in the Sculpture Court, Helen DeVitt Jones Sculpture Court, 10am-5pm. For Information call 806.742.2432 or email@example.com.
- 3…January planetarium shows begin: "Saturn: Ring World" & "Black Holes."
- 3… First Friday Art Trail, 6-9pm. Free public event
- 5:30pm… Seasonal Stargazing (Winter/Spring)*
- 6:30pm… "Saturn: Ring World "*
- 6:30-7:30pm… Bedtime@The Museum: Enjoy the Model Trains in the Sculpture Court
- 7:30pm… "Black Holes"*
* usual ticket prices apply.
- 7… Art for All Ages: Creation Magic.
- 8… Toddler Tuesday: Clothing, 10:30-11:30am. Ages 2-5 with accompanying adults. Space limited. Register: 806.742.2432 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 17… Movies@The Museum, Jones Auditorium, 2pm.
- 19…Saturday@The Museum: Carol Flueckiger's Walk&Talk in the Call of the Wild exhibition and a Color Workshop, 1-4pm. Free public, come-&-go event. Enjoy fun, hands-on activities, and challenges! Activities are FREE of charge and are for children ages 8 and up and family members. In conjunction with the exhibition Call fo the Wild: The Crayola Art of Herb Williams.
- 20… CLOSED for University holiday - Museum, Moody Planetarium, & Lubbock Lake Landmark
- 26… Music@The Museum: TBA.
For a more complete calendar and details about programs and events, click here
for the Education Programs Calendar.
Color Key to events: • Red - Special programs and events • Dk. Blue - Regular MoTTU programs and events • Lt. Blue - MoTTU programs and events connected with exhibitions • Magenta - Seasonal Programs • Orange - MoTTU Camps • Green - Lubbock Lake Landmark programs and events • Purple - Museum Association events • Collegial Cross-posting • Gray - Completed Event
Check out the numerous programs & activities available by clicking on the links below:
For a more complete calendar and details about programs and events,
click here, 2013, for the Education Programs Calendar
Education Division BLOG
000066 • Guidelines for School/Group Tours
LUBBOCK LAKE NATIONAL HISTORIC LANDMARK Programs
Website fort this satellite element of the Museum of Texas Tech University. Click here.
LLL Public Programs, click here.
Planetarium Sky Shows
MUSEUM of TTU
Events, programs, and how to join the Museum Association are hosted on this website. Click here.
..Currently Showing ...
- Colorful Kite Tales,** Gallery 101
- Little Black Dress, ** Gallery 1
- Sacred Places and Ancient Texts—The Rock Art of Cowhead Mesa,** Balcony Gallery [Also in Lubbock Lake Landmark's Nash Interpretive Center gallery]
- AZ<>NM<>TX — 20th and 21st Century Art in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona,** Talkington Gallery of Art
- IN ADDITION—Recently Acquired Artworks for the Museum's Collections,** Gallery 4
- Masterson and Mooar Crossing Trails on the Texas Frontier, Gallery 5 (side-by-side) exhibits.
- Bat Masterson—Buffalo Hunter, Gambler, Journalist
- John Wesley Mooar and His Buffalo Gun**
- From Numerous to Non-Existent—Common, Rare, Threatened, Endangered, and Extinct Species in the Collections of the Natural Science Research Laboratory,** August 2
- Gotta Catch 'Em All—Collecting, Preserving, and Displaying Insects,** Explorium Gallery
- The Season of Giving and the Joy of Play—Historic Toys from Holidays Past.** Exhibition in collaboration with the Silent Wings Museum exhibition Toys Go to War.
- Call of the Wild - December 6. An exhibition of crayola sculptures and enamel panels created for the Museum of TTU by NEA award winning artist Herb Williams. Opens Dec. 6 at 6pm.
** "Up from the Basement…" designates in-house exhibition from the Museum's five million object collection.
Check out all exhibition listings for 2012- 2013
2014 Exhibitions Listing Coming Soon!
LOCATIONS - Museum, Planetarium, Lubbock
Gifts and Books (Museum of TTU Association)
- Museum, Planetarium, Lubbock Lake Landmark
TECH EVENTS CALENDAR
- TTU Speakers, Programs, and Events