Graduate Program Admission Requirements
|Graduate Program Home||Degree Programs||Admission Requirements||Audition Requirements||Apply|
To be accepted into one of the Masters or Doctoral Degree programs in music, the applicant must be approved by the Texas Tech Graduate School as well as accepted by the School of Music.
The following documentation is required:
- An application and application fee filed on-line with the Graduate School at www.gradschool.ttu.edu <applications>.
Official transcripts of all previous and current college work sent to:
Texas Tech University
P.O. Box 41030
Lubbock, TX 79409-1030
- Scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are NOT required for admission to the Master of Music or Doctor of Musical Arts degrees. GRE scores in the Verbal, Quantitative, and Written sections are only required for applicants to the PhD in Fine Arts.
The following materials must be submitted to the School of Music,
ONLINE APPLICATION PROGRAM:
- A complete curriculum vita showing your training and experience.
- A personal statement of professional goals and aspirations.
- Samples of written work, such as term papers, master's thesis, published articles, etc.
- Letters of recommendation (3) are required to award both scholarships and teaching assistantships.
- A personal interview or audition before the appropriate divisional faculty is required. Performance or teaching videos/links and digital copies of written work are required before a personal audition or interview will be schedule. If travel to Texas Tech University is not an option, telephone interviews or online interviews may be an option.
Additional required materials for specific degree programs:
- For performance and piano pedagogy programs, a recording of a recent performance or recital and a live audition, if possible.
- For the composition program, a recording of representative compositions and a portfolio of scores.
- For conducting programs, a DVD of a recent performance and a personal audition, if possible.
- For music education programs, a DVD sample of the candidate's teaching/rehearsing. Performances may also be included if desired.
Teaching Assistantships: Contact Dr. Michael Stoune if you are interested in applying for a teaching assistantship.