Bands - Auditions
|Bands Home||Faculty & Staff||Ensembles||Auditions||Graduate
Auditions will be held during the week immediately prior to the beginning of classes. Information and audition material for all Concert Bands and Symphony Orchestra is posted below. Music majors and non-majors must audition for placement into an appropriate ensemble. Results will be posted before the first day of classes. These ensembles will meet all year long, and we will hold re-auditions in the spring for any available spots.
- AUDITION INFORMATION AND SCHEDULE - UPDATED 6.1.14
- Additional audition material will be posted as it becomes available. Please note the date
Audition Music for Bands and Symphony Orchestra
- Flute - UPDATED 6.1.14
- Oboe - UPDATED 6.1.14
- Bassoon: Etude 13 and Standard Bassoon Audition Excerpts
Note: All students will play Etude 13, and should be prepared to play a selection or two from the list of Standard Bassoon Audition Excerpts
- Bassoon - Non-majors
- Clarinet: Bb Clarinet ; Bass Clarinet - UPDATED 6.1.14
- Saxophone - Etude 1-half note equals 144; Etude 2-quarter note equals 66 UPDATED 6.4.14
- Trumpet - UPDATED 7.18.14; Those wishing to be considered for SWE, Orchestra, or Symphonic Band should prepare the entire selection. Those auditioning just for Concert Band should prepare just the first two pages.
- Horn - UPDATED 6.1.14
- Tenor Trombone - UPDATED 6.1.14 Audition will include sight-reading
- Bass Trombone - UPDATED 6.1.14 Audition will include sight-reading
- Euphonium - UPDATED 6.3.14
- Tuba - UPDATED 6.3.14
Percussion - UPDATED 6.4.14 If you are planning to audition for the concert bands, orchestra, and/or percussion ensemble I, those auditions are tentatively set for Thursday, August 21, 2014, from approximately 4:30 to 6:30 pm in the percussion studio (018). The audition is the same for all percussionists (Non-Majors or Majors), consisting of performing a two to three-minute selection of choice with sight-reading on mallets, snare drum, and timpani being part of the audition process for all as well.
Auditions for steel band I will occur on Monday, August 25, 2014 at 6:30 pm in the band hall (011). Materials for this audition will be available on the bulletin board outside the percussion studio (018) and sent via e-mail to all percussion majors and interested non-majors by Monday, August 11, 2014.