|Choral Main Page|
|News & Events|
|The TTU Matador Singers
Auditions for the Fall 2015 choral ensembles will be held in room 202 of the Music Building (south end of the Student Union Building). A staff accompanist will be available for audition days. Don't forget to bring sheet music for the accompanist! Please read below for auditions requirements pertaining to each ensemble. For more information about our Texas Tech University Choral Ensembles, click on the links to the left that we provided for your perusal.
Available audition times:
- Thursday, August 20 (9am-5pm)
- Friday, August 21 (9am-5pm)
- Saturday, August 22 (9am-1pm)
- The audition will last 6-8 minutes.
- Please appear 15 minutes before your scheduled audition time fully warmed up.
- You may audition for any choir that interests you
- CLICK HERE to schedule your audition
Auditions for University Choir:
All returning University Choir members should schedule their audition during the first two days of auditions.
- Be prepared to perform a short solo of your choice (bring music for the accompaniment)
- Prepare the excerpt below. Click on each excerpt for the .pdf
- Other parts of the audition include sight-reading, vocal sing back, rhythmic audition material, vocal placement
Auditions for Women's Chorale, Matador Singers, or The Lubbock Chorale:
- Audition requirements include sight-reading, vocal sing backs, rhythmic audition material, and vocal placement.
- Bring a solo selection of your choice.
Membership in University Singers:
- The University Singers ensemble is a non-auditioned choir.
- We encourage all students regardless of experience or major to sing.
- If you are interested in registering for University Singers for the 2015-2016 school year, you do not need to sign up for an audition time.
- However, our directors ask that you please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, phone number, SATB placement (if known), and your history with choir/singing if any.
Should I register before or after auditions?
- You may register for your desired ensemble before auditions.
- If you should make a choral ensemble other than the class that you registered for, Linda Gregston, our undergraduate advisor, will move you to the ensemble class that you need to be in.
|ENSEMBLE REHEARSAL TIMES:|
|University Choir 010|
|Monday 12:00-12:50 p.m.|
|Tuesday 12:30-1:50 p.m.|
|Wednesday 12:00-12:50 p.m.|
|Thursday 12:30-1:50 p.m.|
|Friday 12:00-12:50 p.m.|
|Women's Chorale 010|
|Tuesday 2:00-3:20 p.m.|
|Thursday 2:00-3:20 p.m.|
|Matador Singers 010|
|Monday 2:00-2:50 p.m.|
|Wednesday 2:00-2:50 p.m.|
|Friday 2:00-2:50 p.m.|
|University Singers 010|
|Monday 1:00-1:50 p.m.|
|Wednesday 1:00-1:50 p.m.|
|Friday 1:00-1:50 p.m.|
|Lubbock Chorale 010|
|Tuesday 7:30-9:30 p.m.|