|Music Camps for Students||Summer Masters of Music Education|
Summer Orchestral Conducting Workshop
June 21 - 23, 2013
A small ensemble is provided for all conducting sessions. Participants will select repertoire from a list of pieces taken from the Texas UIL and standard repertoire.
Teachers: Dr. Bruce Wood, and other TTU instrumental faculty.
The Texas Tech Orchestral Conducting Workshop is designed for professional, college and secondary
music educators, and advanced college students.
Topics to include:
- Effective gestural communication
- Efficient score study
- Rhythm training in ensemble settings
- Engaging the ensemble in the process & going beyond the page: fostering musical decision-making and independence
- Strengthening audiation: the fast-track method to great ensemble intonation and musical meaning
- Low strings for high strings teachers
- High strings for low string teachers
- Rehearsal/teaching techniques - will be targeted towards the interests of participants
- More TBA
Participants may select their own repertoire.
A small ensemble is provided for all conducting sessions.
- Workshop Participant: $195
- Workshop Auditor: $125
- College Student: $125
- Graduate Credit: one TTU credit is available for an additional fee of approximately $385 to any qualified participant. Enrollment in a TTU degree program is not necessary.
Please contact Dr. Bruce Wood.