Music Theory Undergraduate
- MUTH 1103: Elementary Aural Skills I
- MUTH 1104: Elementary Aural Skills II
- MUTH 1203: Elementary Music Theory I
- MUTH 1204: Elementary Music Theory II
- MUTH 2103: Intermediate Aural Skills I
- MUTH 2104: Intermediate Aural Skills II
- MUTH 2203: Intermediate Music Theory I
- MUTH 2204: Intermediate Music Theory II
- MUTH 3303: Form and Analysis
You may need Finale® or Finale Notepad® to open some of the files for these courses. Click here to download it for free.
(see also Graduate Courses - consent of instructor required):
Please see the School of Music Undergraduate Handbook for detailed descriptions and timetables for these programs.
BM in Music Theory
All incoming undergraduate students are placed into MUTH 1203, which focuses on the solidifying students' grasp of music fundamentals and greatly improving the speed with which they recognize and create basic musical structures such as scales, intervals, and chords. Students with above-average prior experience in theory may obtain CLEP credit and test out of this semester of the music theory sequence. Information on preparing for the theory sequence: