Graduate Admission Requirements
To be accepted into one of the Masters or Doctoral Degree programs in music, the applicant must be approved by the Texas Tech Graduate School as well as accepted by the School of Music.
The following documentation is required:
- The following materials must be submitted using the School of Music Application:
— A complete curriculum vita showing your training and experience.
— A personal statement of professional goals and aspirations.
— Sample of written work, such as term paper, master's thesis, published article, etc.
— Letters of recommendation (3) are required to award both scholarships and teaching assistantships.
— Additional audio/video materials will be required for specific degree programs.
- A personal interview or audition before the appropriate divisional faculty is required. Performance or teaching videos/links and digital copies of written work are required before a personal audition or interview will be schedule. If travel to Texas Tech University is not an option, telephone interviews or online interviews may be an option.
- An application and application fee filed online with the Graduate School
Use this placeholder .PDF file to upload to the Graduate School site when asked for CV, Personal Statement, Cover Letter, Audition Materials, etc. Please note that you will have to provide Transcripts and Evaluator Information on the Graduate School site as well as on the School of Music platform (Acceptd).
- Any transcripts that you are not able to add yourself to the Graduate School application can be submitted to Graduate.Admissions@ttu.edu.
- Scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are NOT required for admission to any graduate music degree.