Graduate Admission Requirements
To be accepted into one of the Masters or Doctoral Degree programs in music, the applicant must be approved by the Texas Tech Graduate School as well as accepted by the School of Music.
The following documentation is required:
- An application and application fee filed online with the Graduate School
- Any transcripts that you are not able to add yourself to the Graduate School application can be submitted to: Graduate.Admissions@ttu.edu.
- Scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are NOT required for admission to any graduate music degree.
- The following materials must be submitted using the School of Music Application:
- A complete curriculum vita showing your training and experience.
- A personal statement of professional goals and aspirations.
- Samples of written work, such as term papers, master's thesis, published articles, etc.
- Letters of recommendation (3) are required to award both scholarships and teaching assistantships.
- A personal interview or audition before the appropriate divisional faculty is required. Performance or teaching videos/links and digital copies of written work are required before a personal audition or interview will be schedule. If travel to Texas Tech University is not an option, telephone interviews or online interviews may be an option.
Additional required materials for specific degree programs:
- For performance and piano pedagogy programs, a recording of a recent performanceor recital (uploaded to Accept'd) and a live audition, if possible.
- For the composition program, a recording of representative compositions (uploaded to Accept'd) and a portfolio of scores.
- For conducting programs, a recording of a recent performance (uploaded to Accept'd) and a personal audition, if possible.
- For music education programs, a recorded sample of the candidate's teaching/rehearsing (uploaded to Accept'd). Performances may also be included if desired.
Teaching Assistantships: Please contact Dr. Peter Martens if you are interested in being considered for a teaching assistantship.
SUBMIT MATERIALS ONLINE WITH SCHOOL OF MUSIC APPLICATION