From The Field Photo Contest 2017
NRM/ANRS "From The Field" Photo Contest 2017 Guidelines
The ANRS/NRM Photo Contests are designed to share photos that inspire your creativity and scholastic ambitions. There are two competitions per year, one for capturing the nature of fieldwork and the other for wildlife, ecology, and nature. Cash prizes are awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. All winners will be asked to participate in a short interview. A committee of administrators and faculty will judge the photos and select the winners.
Winners will be announced in early Fall 2017.
Deadline: September 1, 2017
- You must be either (1) a current TTU undergraduate or graduate student, (2) a recent alum (graduated after Fall 2011), or (3) a faculty member.
Submit up to 5 photos as an attachment to email@example.com. Provide titles for each of your photos in the body of the email as well as your affiliation to the department and/or the university.
Please also feel free to provide any other information about the photos, which can include: the year the photo was taken, location, the nature and scope of the work depicted in the photo, etc.
- Feature research in the field or in the lab; they must not be photos related to leisure hiking/hunting activities
- Exhibit handling animals or specimens (if any) in a safe and appropriate manner
- Embody the ethics and values of field research
- Have been taken by the person submitting the photo
The Department of Natural Resources Management reserves the right to use the photo to promote the department on social media, the NRM website, and in other promotional materials. All credit will be given to the photographer.