NWI News & Events
- March 29, 2016 WiSE Wednesday Seminar Series: Wed. March 30 at 3:30 p.m. in Exp. Sci. Building 120.
Dr. Brian Ancell (ATMO) will be speaking.
- March 23, 2016 WiSE Wednesday Seminar Series today 3:30 p.m. in Exp. Sci. Building 120. Abstract here.
- March 09, 2016 The McDonald-Mehta Lecture Series: Dr. Whittaker scheduled for today has been POSTPONED.
- February 24, 2016 NWI Weekly Lecture Series TODAY, February 24, 2:30 p.m. in Room 120 Experimental Sciences
Building on campus. Speaker: Dr. James Yang, Associate Professor, ME. Abstract here.
- February 22, 2016 Some of the NWI (formerly WiSE) co-founders reconvene for reunion
- February 18, 2016 SAVE THE DATE: McDonald-Mehta Lecture #2: Dr. Jonathon Naughton (University of Wyoming).
March 02 at 3:30 p.m. in Experimental Science Building 120.
- February 17, 2016 NWI Weekly Lecture Series continues today: Dr. Xinzhong Chen (Civil, Environmental,
and Construction Engineering).
- February 11, 2016 NWI faculty affiliate Dr. Carsten Westergaard featured in Texas Tech Monthly e-newsletter
- February 08, 2016 SAVE THE DATE: NWI McDonald-Mehta Lecture: Dr. Joseph E, Minor. Friday, February 12
at 3:30 p.m. in Experimental Science Building 120 on campus. Reception to follow.
- February 04, 2016 NWI monthly newsletter # 78 is now available
- February 04, 2016 NWI Weekly Lecture Series: Mr. Russell Thomasson from GLEAMM
- January 28, 2016 NWI Weekly Lecture Series Schedule (Spring 2016) is now available
- January 15, 2016 NWI co-founder and researcher Ernst Kiesling named "Pioneer of Tornado Shelter" in
- January 14, 2016 Save the Date: McDonald-Mehta Lecture Series presents: Dr. Joseph Minor on February
- January 05, 2016 NWI faculty affiliate Doug A. Smith partners to study November 2015 tornado damage
at Halliburton plant
- December 09, 2015 NWI undergraduates awarded scholarships from the Gulf Coast Power Association (GCPA)
- November 30, 2015 NWI faculty affiliates awarded $900,000 DOE clean energy/wind project with Israeli
- November 19, 2015 McDonald-Mehta Lecture Series: Dr. John W. van de Lindt (Colorado State University)
- November 13, 2015 NWI e-newsletter Issue 76 now available
- November 05, 2015 NWI hosts Annual Fall 2015 meeting of External Advisory Board (EAB)
- October 27, 2015 Save the Date: McDonald-Mehta Lecture Series 2015 31: Dr. Julie Lundquist from University
of Colorado at Boulder
- October 23, 2015 NWI co-founder Dr. Ernst Kiesling featured in USA Today hurricane article
- October 23, 2015 - NWI experts are available for media covering Hurricane Patricia
- October 12, 2015 NWI monthly newsletter -September 2015 edition
- September 24, 2015 NextEra Energy visits TTU-NWI on recruiting quest
- September 08, 2015 NWI Discovery Program 2016 - RFP now available for coming year
- September 08, 2015 NWI Discovery Program researchers present final reports
- August 28, 2015 NWI hosts Raider Welcome meet-and-greet for students, staff and faculty
- August 26, 2015 TTU-NWI Discovery Program 2016 now open for proposals from faculty affiliates
- August 20, 2015 TTU-NWI hosts visiting Dean of Engineering from Universidad Politecnica de Puerto
Rico on visit
- August 15, 2015 TTU's SWiFT facility co-research project featured in Sandia National Laboratories
- August 04, 2015 TTU Office of Vice President of Research (OVPR) features NWI research in Summer 2015
- July 29, 2015 STUDENTS: Save the Date: NextEra Energy Information session and interviews: Sept.
23-23: times TBA.
- July 29, 2015 STUDENTS: Save the Date: Summer 2015 Graduation for undergraduate Wind Energy students:
Aug. 08 at 9 a.m.
- July 07, 2015 Generation Tech" renewable energy summer camp burns brightly...
- July 04, 2015 Dr. M. Chris Pattison promoted to Assistant Director of Undergraduate Education at
- July 02, 2015 Texas Tech University welcomes Senator John Cornyn to "Run-on-the-Wind" summer camp
- June 30, 2015 Annual 2015 Run on the Wind youth camp is a success...
- June 25, 2015 NWI has large representation at 14th Annual International Conference on Wind Engineering
- June 04, 2015 TTU NWI's West Texas Mesonet (WTM) Network celebrates its 15th year anniversary
- May 13, 2015 TTU Wind Sci and Eng graduate Kevin Simmons writes Op-Ed for the New York Times
- May 04, 2015 NWI co-founder featured on TTU website for 50 years of service to TTU
- May 01, 2015 NWI severe weather research featured in a segment on NBC's Today Show
- April 30, 2015 NWI severe weather research featured in a segment on ABC's Good Morning America show
- April 22, 2015 McDonald-Mehta Lecture Series invites: Mr. Brian S. Smith from NREL
- April 09, 2015 Save the Date: McDonald-Mehta Lecture Series 2015: Mr. Brian S. Smith from NREL will
be speaking on "National Wind Technology Center - 35 Years of Innovation Leading the
Way to a Clean Energy Future."
- April 06, 2015 Please note cancellation: McDonald-Mehta Lecture Series 2015 scheduled for Monday,
April 06 has been CANCELLED. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to
seeing you at the next MML on April 22.
- April 03, 2015 NWI faculty Dr. Ali Nejat listed on NSF web page for his selection as recipient of
CAREER Engineering award
- April 02, 2015 Save the Date: McDonald-Mehta Lecture Series 2015 starts on Monday, April 06: Dr.
John W. van de Lindt from Colorado State University
- April 02, 2015 Save the Date: Benefit dinner for NWI's Anna T. Young
- March 30, 2015 TTU-NWI research featured in spotlight of 2014 TTU Research Accomplishments Report
- March 10, 2015 Recipients announced for Kishor and Mary Ann Mehta Scholarship 2015
- February 25, 2015 NSSA ED/NWI faculty affiliate Dr. Ernst Kiesling speaks at National Tornado Summit
- February 24, 2015 NWI faculty affiliate Dr. Brian Ancell participates in $2.5M U.S. Department of Energy
- January 28, 2015 NWI faculty affiliate Dr. Ali Nejat earns NSF CAREER Award
- January 23, 2015 NWI featured in IEEE Potentials magazine
- January 21, 2015 NWI Ph.D. student published as lead author in Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial
- January 20, 2015 National Windstorm Impact Reduction Act 2015 Reauthorized in House
- December 09, 2014 West Texas Mesonet Celebrates Opening of Station #85
- November 21, 2014 NWI Researchers Create Company to Optimize Wind Plant Output
- November 20, 2014 General Electric visits TTU NWI on campus visit
- November 20, 2014 Big XII Governmental Relations Conference visits NWI
- November 20, 2014 NWI Celebrates Undergraduate Graduates for December 2014
- November 15, 2014 U. S. Congress Representative Pete Olson visits NWI during a visit to Lubbock
- November 13, 2014 NWI Associate Director Anna Young receives prestigious "20 under 40" Chamber award
- November 04, 2014 NSSA Executive Director and NWI faculty affiliate Dr. Kiesling honored with the first
NSSA Kiesling Award at annual meeting
- November 01, 2014 NWI research featured on nationwide Fox-TV science TV series with conservationist
- October 29, 2014 NWI plays a role in the 2014 "Major and Minor" Fair at TTU
- October 29, 2014 NWI Hosts Visitors from the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
- October 24, 2014 2014 National Block and Bridle Conference Participants Visit NWI
- October 21, 2014 Coronado High School students visit NWI
- October 21, 2014 NWI co-founder recognized with national award by American Civil Engineer Association
- September 30, 2014 NWI receives visitors from Jade University (Germany)
- September 30, 2014 The 2014 McDonald-Mehta Fall Lecture Series schedule has been announced...
- September 26, 2014 NWI researchers receive $1.4M grant for radar prototype to focus on wind farm performance
- September 26, 2014 CPA Conference attendees tour NWI research facilities
- September 18, 2014 NWI hosts inaugural TTU Wind Day
- September 16, 2014 GCPA scholarships awarded to TTU NWI WE undergraduate students
- September 15, 2014 Meet...Zachary Taylor, TTU WE Honors student
- September 01, 2014 NWI welcomes Dr. Daan Liang as Interim Director
- August 27, 2014 NWI researchers awarded NSF collaborative grant to focus on tornadoes and construction
- August 25, 2014 NWI hosts Open House to Welcome Students Back to Campus
- August 08, 2014 Click here for full report of Mayflower, AR, above ground shelter door failure analysis
- August 08, 2014 NWI and NSSA focus research on substandard storm shelter doors (Mayflower, AR, case)
- August 03, 2014 National Building Museum features TTU-NWI research in ongoing exhibition
- July 29, 2014 Student teachers from Kosovo tour NWI facilities
- July 23, 2014 TTU NWI grads' research receive national media coverage from NBC's Today Show
- July 15, 2014 TTU ExxonMobil Summer Science Camp tour NWI facilities
- July 11, 2014 NWI and TTU-IDEAL co-host annual Run on the Wind summer camp
- July 10, 2014 NWI Partner DNV GL offers new Ph.D. in renewable energy award program
- June 30, 2014 Longtime NWI Technical Op Supervisor Jeff Livingston Retires
- June 24, 2014 TV host Philippe Cousteau vists NWI and the Debris Impact Facility
- June 18, 2014 REU Students visit NWI research facilities
- June 09, 2014 West Texas Mesonet adds another station (#82) to its regional network
- June 01, 2014 NWI's Dr. Brian Hirth featured on Energy and Policy Institute blog
- May 29, 2014 Discovery Channel (Canada) focuses on TTU NWI Debris Impact Lab
- May 23, 2014 KLBK-TV: TTU NWI/NSSA's Dr. Ernst Kiesling talks about a failed storm door and why
- May 16, 2014 NWI Mini-Seminar presentations from the AWEA 2014 conference now available on-line.
- May 16, 2014 Wondering what the impact looks like from the NWI Debris Impact Cannon? Find the impressive
- May 12, 2014 44th Anniversary of 1970 Lubbock Tornado - the catalyst for change and a time to remember...
- May 07, 2014 TTU and Group NIRE welcome Gamesa to Reese Technology Center
- May 01, 2014 TTU System, NWI and Pantex sign MOU for future projects.
- April 30, 2014 McDonald-Mehta Lecture Series Spring 2014 hosts Dr. Forrest Masters (University of
- April 23, 2014 Texas Department of Transportation Commissioners Visit NWI
- April 17, 2014 NWI Director Recognized as Integrated Scholar at TTU
- April 15, 2014 NWI Faculty Affiliate Eric Bruning (ATMO) Earns NSF CAREER Award
- April 04, 2014 South Plains College STEM Club visits NWI
- March 27, 2014 NWI hosts City of Lubbock Fire Department Training Day
- April 04, 2014 South Plains College STEM Club Tours NWI
- March 27, 2014 NWI hosts City of Lubbock Fire Department Training Day
- March 17, 2014 West Texas Mesonet opens new station #81 near Sweetwater
- March 12, 2014 McDonald-Mehta Lecture Series hosts Mr. Nick Johansen (Iberdrola Renewables) to kick
off annual series.
- March 10, 2014 Save the Date: McDonald-Mehta Lecture Series hosts Mr. Nick Johansen (Iberdrola Renewables):
3:30p, 03/12/2014 in TTU CE 209
- February 28, 2014 NWI/NSSA say farewell to long-time TTU employee, Cynthia Barbosa
- February 20, 2014 NSSA Exec. Dir. Dr. Ernst Kiesling gives keynote at National Tornado Summit
- February 20, 2014 Parent Relations Conference Participants Tour NWI
- February 12, 2014 NWI Associate Managing Director Anna Young Speaks at WiSE Wednesday
- February 08, 2014 NWI Ph.D. student selected to give talk at local TEDx Conference
- February 06, 2014 NWI faculty affiliate Dr. Stephen B. Bayne inducted into TTU's Teaching Academy
- January 22, 2014 PE, the Magazine for Professional Engineers, featured NWI research in the last issue...
- January 17, 2014 NWI Ph.D. students volunteer skills at local school fair
- January 15, 2014 NWI building receives new sign identity
News Archive >>