Undergraduate in Wind Energy
About the Program
Schedule an Advising Appointment
- Select Texas Tech University Office of the Provost for the College.
- Select Academic Major/ Program : UN-BS-WE: Wind Energy
- Select Kacey Young as the advisor
- Select a day and time that are available
- Click here to make an appointment with an advisor
Apply to the Program
In today's globalized wind energy job market, students who are exposed to a foreign
language, participate in a study abroad program, or gain job experience through an
internship with an international company are considered more marketable and competitive.
Students will complete the university's foreign language requirement, either by completing
two years of high school foreign language or two semesters at the college level, and
choose from the following global component options:
- International internship Option:
- Complete an approved internship with an international company, either in the U.S.
or abroad, related to the wind energy field. Two hundred hours of job related experience
and a written report are required to earn 3 credit hours of internship credit. Internships
should be completed during the student's junior or senior year of coursework. Instructor
- Study abroad Option:
- Complete an approved study abroad experience through the International Texas Tech
Center, a Texas Tech approved reciprocal exchange program, or a faculty-led program.
Students must enroll in and successfully complete 3 credit hours of coursework with
a grade of C or better to satisfy 3 credit hours of the global component. Departmental
DO YOU HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS?