Resources for Teachers
Forecast and Current Conditions
- Intellicast: select from World weather or U.S. forecast
- The Weather Channel: type in name of city
- National Weather Service: forecast map
- Accuweather: type in a city and see the forecast
- National Weather Service: On-line dictionary listing weather-related words and definitions.
- Women of Wind Energy: A resource that encourages women and girls in the renewable energy field with useful educational links for students in kindergarten through university.
Lessons for your class
Use local resources as well as information from the internet to research an historic tornado or hurricane which occurred in your local area, in another region or at a particular time in history.
A curriculum from the American Red Cross for K-8 teachers to integrate disaster safety into lesson plans.