Business Intelligence, Marketing, Analysis and Reporting (BIMAR)
Business Intelligence, Marketing, Analysis and Reporting (BIMAR) provides direct support to all of the Texas Tech Operations Division through departmental marketing services, information collection and analysis, report development, as well as metric standardization across the division.
- Facilitate communication and coordination on behalf of the Operations Division across all levels of the Texas Tech community
- Act as an information hub for all Operations Division decisions
- Develop reports for facilities information analysis
- Provide operational information to a variety of users in a variety of different formats
- Verify and submit a National Science Foundation Reports every other December
- Verify and submit annual facilities surveys to NACUBO/APAA every December
- Verify and submit annual AASHE STARS reports every spring.
Strategies & Tactics
Strategy: Ensuring the use of standards and business rules to provide the most accurate, correct and timely information possible.
- Coaching accurate data entry
- Executing a consistent data validation methodology
Strategy: Internal Alignment to controllable systems and influence external use of system consistency to definitive data sources, which ensures accuracy across multiple systems, streamlined data collection, and validation.
- Through aligning Facilities Inventory with all related systems as the source for the Facilities Inventory
- Directing use of a singular definitive data source i.e. Banner, TMA, AdAstra etc.
- Clarity in data processes
Strategy: BIMAR will promote a culture of transparency as the resource for data systems, operations, and process development.
- Provide options for better decision making
- Aid the implementation of new processes
- Provide data driven marketing products