Facilities Condition Assessment
Facility Condition Assessments
Transparency: We operate openly to increase communication within Operations Division and with our customers.
- We initiate the exchange of information and openly accept our customers' facility concerns.
- We share our findings following a condition assessment with whomever is interested.
- We provide objective data that may be used to inform decisions.
Proactivity: We anticipate future situations rather than reacting to events.
- We adapt to shifting University priorities and the changing needs of students, faculty, and staff.
- We seek to identify and address building deficiencies before our customers ask for assistance.
- We aim to predict the lifespans of our building systems in order to budget maintenance funds appropriately and eliminate inconveniences for our customers.
Teamwork: We understand that the effectiveness of the Facility Condition Assessments is dependent upon collaboration amongst building occupants, senior management, and multiple departments within Operations Division.
- We seek out project stakeholders in order develop a comprehensive approach to problem solving.
- We realize that working together increases moral, motivation, and confidence.
- We know that through collaboration better strategies and decision-making processes will be developed.
Responsiveness: We value our ability to interact with our customers and other departments efficiently and effectively.
- We believe being responsive to customer needs and new challenges reduces frustrating delays and increases productivity.
- We seek to optimize processes and eliminate unproductive tasks.
- We are driven to provide valid information regarding the condition of University building systems.
Proficiency: We take ownership of our responsibilities which are critical to the University's Mission and Strategic Plan.
- We are accountable for accomplishing facility condition assessments of all Education and General Buildings within a reasonable timeframe.
- We remain professional and objective in our analysis of the facilities.
- We provide senior management with accurate data to insure decisions can be made based on expertise and competence.