Reserving academic space is a privilege afforded only to those directly affiliated with the university. This includes academic departments, student and support organizations, and individual faculty and staff members.
Event applications should be submitted a minimum of one week before your event. Please
allow 1-2 business days for processing, as event requests are processed in the order
they are received. After your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation
containing the details of your event and any special instructions you may need. If
additional information is required, an email will be sent to the requestor's provided
email. Please refer to the FAQs for assistance.
Please do not advertise for your event until approval is granted and you have received confirmation from our office.
Event Scheduling FAQ
Events - Ad Astra Calendar
- Feb 8, 2016: Ad Astra Scheduling Begins (Advanced Access) for Fall (201727)
- Feb 29, 2016: Ad Astra Scheduling Open Section Requesting for Fall (201727)
- Mar 7, 2016: Fall (201727) term Available on Raiderlink
- Apr 7, 2016: Events Open for Academic Requests Fall (201727)
- Apr 7, 2016: Advanced Registration Begins Fall (201727)
- May 18, 2016: Events Open for Student Requesting - Summer (201687, 201697)
- Aug 13, 2016: Events open for Student Requesting - Fall (201727)
Ad Astra Frequently Asked Questions
Usage of Academic Space
The space and facilities of the university are intended primarily to support the on-going instructional program of the institution. Secondary priority is given to programs sponsored and conducted by university academic and administrative departments, by organizations affiliated with such departments, or by registered student organizations. Other use of campus space and facilities may be permitted for activities intended to serve or benefit the university community.
View Classrooms - View classroom features, pictures, and room schedules via Ad Astra. Access to the site requires a valid eRaider account.
View TTU Conference Rooms and Contact Information - Conference rooms on the TTU Campus are under direction of a specific department and reservations are made at their discretion.
To request a room please refer to the Requesting a Room FAQ below
Requesting a Room
- Reservations for class related activities, department events, or other special events
can be made by completing the appropriate form via Ad Astra Schedule
- How to Request Events
- Ad Astra Schedule can be used to view classroom features, pictures and room schedules.
- Academic Activities always have priority over the use of academic space.
- Reserving academic space is a privilege afforded only to those directly affiliated with the university. This includes academic departments, student and support organizations, and individual faculty and staff members. An individual who is not a student, faculty, or staff member may attend functions held on university property, but the function must be sponsored by and affiliated with a university department or registered student organization.
- There is no rental fee for the use of academic space, but custodial or security charges may be necessary depending on the circumstances.
- Please allow up to two business days for a confirmation of reservation.
- •Any use of academic space by student organizations must be approved by Operations Division Planning and Administration. Registered student organizations wanting to reserve classrooms must complete an event request through Ad Astra Schedule .
- Academic buildings are not available for use by student groups on weekends.
- Students must be able to present a student picture identification when requested by any University official.
- Reservations are made on a first-come, first served basis. Recurring reservations must be re-submitted each semester.
- Students meeting in academic space without permission will be subject to loss of use privileges for a period of time specified by the management of Operations Division Planning and Administration and/or other disciplinary action.
- Student groups are expected to leave classrooms as they find them (return furniture to original position, dispose of trash, etc.) Any group leaving a room in poor condition will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Because academic classes may be meeting nearby, student groups using classrooms are expected to conduct their activities quietly. Complaints may result in the cancellation of a reservation. Disruptive behavior may result in a group being escorted from the building. Sound amplification that extends beyond the reserved area is not permitted.
- Academic programs have priority at Texas Tech. Student groups occasionally will be assigned a substitute room for one evening when academic instructors need a particular room for an examination, seminar, etc.
- Students are to vacate academic buildings by 10:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Exceptions must be approved in advance by Operations Division Planning and Administration in writing.
- Students using academic space are expected to report any unusual occurrences to the University Police (742-3931)
- The person making room reservations on behalf of a student organization is responsible for conveying the above information to the other members of their organization.
- Failure to abide by these rules will result in cancellation of the student organizations reservations and/or disciplinary action for the organization
Showing Movies on Campus
Physical Plant Building
3122 Main Street
Lubbock, TX 79409
- Mail Stop: 5091
- Box: 45091
- Phone: (806) 742-2102
- Fax: (806) 742-4279
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm