Common Final Examinations for Fall 2013
- Examinations will take place in the rooms in which the individual classes have been meeting, unless otherwise announced. A change in the final examination room assignment may only be made with the approval of the senior vice provost.
- Examination times may not be changed unless approved in advance by the dean, department chair and the senior vice provost. An instructor with a compelling reason to change the time of an examination must obtain written approval from the department chair and dean of the college or school in which the course is taught. Approvals should be forwarded to the senior vice provost with the request for room accommodations. If the request/approval is initially received by ASFR, it will be forwarded to the senior vice provost with additional information on how the change coincides with other scheduled exams.
- Common final examinations occur when all sections of the course meet simultaneously. No courses other than those listed on the Official Publications website may use a common examination time. Departments approved to administer common final exams are responsible for making arrangement for those students who have a conflict with a regularly scheduled class exam.
- Off-time-cycle courses have final exams at the same time as the on-time-cycle course immediately preceding their class time. For example, a MWF 3:30 pm class will test at the same time as the MWF 3:00 pm classes. For more information regarding standard university time-start and time-stop cycles, refer to OP 61.23.
- Students should check the Final Examination Schedule prior to registration in order to avoid an inconvenient overload during final exams. There is no university policy that provides relief to student who have three examinations scheduled the same day. In that situation, students may seek the assistance of the course instructors, department chair, and/or dean of the college.
- In accordance with OP 34.10, class-related activities, with the exception of office hours, are prohibited on designated individual study days and during the final examination period. These dates are set aside for students to prepare for and take scheduled final examinations. During this period, review sessions are not to be scheduled, quizzes are not to be given, and no other class-related activities can be scheduled.
- No substantial examinations, other than bona fide makeup examinations, may be given during the last week of classes or during the individual study day. Courses in which lab examinations and design studio reviews are normally scheduled the week prior to finals are excluded from this policy.
- No extracurricular activities of any kind may be scheduled in academic space within the individual study day and the final examination period without written permission of the Office of the Provost.
- For additional information regarding final examination policies, refer to OP 34.10.
Contact Academic Support and Facilities Resources at 806.742.3658 with questions, comments, or concerns regarding the final exam schedule.
|Course Number(s):||Final Examination Date||Final Examination Time|
|ACCT 2300||Saturday, December 7||1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|ACCT 2301||Friday, December 6||1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|BIOL 1403||Monday, December 9||10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
|CE 2301||Saturday, December 7||7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.|
|CHEM 1301,1305, 1307, 3305
||Wednesday, December 11||10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|
|ECO 2301, 2302, 2305||Monday, December 9||7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.|
|IE 2311||Friday, December 6||4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|ISQS 3344||Tuesday, December 10||7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.|
|MATH 0301, 0302, 1300, 1320,1330, 1331, 1420, 1430, 2300
||Friday, December 6||4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|MATH 1321, 1451, 1452, 1550, 2450||Wednesday, December 11||4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.|
|ME 2322||Monday, December 9||1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|PHYS 1403||Monday, December 9||1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|SPAN 1507, 2301, 2302, 2607
||Tuesday, December 10||10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.|