Summer and Fall 2013 MyTech Registration
- Only students currently enrolled for the spring 2013 semester may participate in advance registration April 4-22, 2013. Graduate School students may register anytime beginning April 4.
- Students will register according to classification. Students will not be permitted to register prior to their assigned date. Registration materials will be distributed through the student's major department. Each student should see an advisor before attempting to register.
- To ensure reasonable spacing of final exams, students should consider the final examination schedule while planning their registration.
- On their assigned day, students can register on MyTech or in their academic departments. Classifications for registration are based on hours completed prior to the beginning of spring semester (90 or more hours, senior; 60-89 hours, junior; 30-59 hours, sophomore; 0-29 hours, freshman).
- If a student's TSI scores indicate a need to enroll in TSI remediation, the student must visit the TSI Skills Development Office (72 Holden Hall, 806 742-3242) before registration.
Advance Registration Schedule
(Currently Enrolled Students Only)
|Graduates||Thursday, April 4
Friday, April 5
|Seniors and Second Undergraduate Degree Students||Monday, April 8
Tuesday, April 9
|Juniors||Wednesday, April 10
Thursday, April 11
|Sophomores||Friday, April 12
Monday, April 15
Tuesday, April 16
|Freshmen||Wednesday, April 17
Thursday, April 18
Friday, April 19
|Open Registration||Tuesday, April 23|
|Procedure: Students enrolled during spring 2013 should contact their major department office.|
Registration Schedule for
Former Texas Tech Students
|All||Tuesday, April 23|
|Procedure: Go to www.depts.ttu.edu/formertech and complete "Returning Student Form." Contact your major department for advisement.|
Registration Schedule for New Freshmen and
Transfer Students Not Enrolled Previously
at Texas Tech
||Monday, June 3|
||Monday, July 8|
|Fall||According to Summer Orientation attended|
Change of College
Procedure: Contact the academic dean of the college to which you plan to transfer and obtain written permission.
Change in Registration (ADD-DROP)
ADDS: 1st Summer Session 2013
- Last day to add — Wednesday, June 5
DROPS: 1st Summer Session 2013
- Last Day to drop on MyTech without penalty (drop does not count against drop limit) — Friday, June 7
- Beginning Saturday, June 8, all drops count against drop limit
- Last day to drop — Monday, June 24
ADDS: 2nd Summer Session 2013
- Last day to add– Wednesday, July 10
DROPS: 2nd Summer Session 2013
- Last Day to drop on MyTech without academic penalty (drop does not count against drop limit) — Friday, June 12
- Beginning Saturday, June 13, all drops count against drop limit
- Last day to drop — Monday, July 29
ADDS: Fall Semester 2013
- Last day to add — Thursday, August 29
DROPS: Fall Semester 2013
- Last Day to drop on MyTech without academic penalty (drop does not count against drop limit) — Wednesday, September 11
- Beginning Thursday, September 12, all drops count against drop limit
- Last day to drop — Monday, October 28
Withdrawal from Texas Tech University
1st Summer Session 2013
- Last day to withdraw from the university: Monday, July 1
2nd summer session 2013
- Last day to withdraw from the university: Monday, August 5
Fall Semester 2013
- Last day to withdraw from the university– Friday, November 29
Procedure for Withdrawal:
(NOTE: Signature of student required for those students not withdrawing from the university on MyTech)
- If you have previously received or currently are receiving financial aid, clear your withdrawal through the Financial Aid Office prior to completing withdrawal in Room 103 West Hall.
- If you are residing in a residence hall, clear your withdrawal through University Housing to completing withdrawal in Room 103 West Hall.
- For information on the tuition and fee schedule, see "Withdrawal Information" on the registrar's website at www.depts.ttu.edu/registrar.
1st Summer Session 2013
- Last day to declare Pass/Fail — Monday, June 24
2nd Summer Session 2013
- Last day to declare Pass/Fail — Monday, July 29
- Last day to declare Pass/Fail — Monday, October 28
Procedure: Complete a pass-fail form in the academic dean’s office of the college in which you are enrolled or visit the Registrar's Office Web site at www.depts.ttu.edu/registrar and click on the "Pass/Fail Declarations" form.
Students wishing to take Spanish 1501 (SPCS—South Plains College Spanish) must register for it through Texas Tech University, Department of Classical and Modern Languages and Literatures. Tuition and fees for the Spanish course will be paid to South Plains College.
Contact for beginning spanish Contact for beginning spanish
at Texas Tech at South Plains COLLEGE
Liz Hildebrand Andrea Rangel
Senior Advisor Dean of Admissions & Records
806.742.4055 South Plains College
firstname.lastname@example.org Levelland, TX
806.894.9611 ext. 2370