Texas Tech University PPI Requirements
If you are applying to graduate programs in Industrial Engineering, Chemistry, Political Science, Mathematics, and MFA - Art (Painting), Texas Tech University requires an ETS® Personal Potential Index (PPI) Evaluation Report containing a minimum of three (3) evaluations from separate evaluators in order to consider your application complete. The PPI is a third-party evaluative tool administered by the ETS (Educational Testing Service) organization. Submission of the PPI is mandatory for admission, but there is an optional study requiring your consent in Step 1 below.
You can create an ETS PPI account and review the ETS PPI Information Bulletin, which explains the service, at http://www.ets.org/ppi/applicants/start/.
How do I begin the PPI?
1. Complete the consent form: CONSENT FORM
2. Create an account at: http://www.ets.org/ppi/applicants/start/.
3. Log in to your ETS PPI account to begin the process.
4. Provide contact information for the evaluators you would like to complete an ETS PPI evaluation.
5. ETS sends an email to each evaluator inviting them to access the ETS PPI system and complete your evaluation.
6. Each evaluator logs in to the ETS PPI system to rate you on six personal attributes and provide an overall evaluation. Evaluators also may provide optional comments for each attribute as well as for the overall rating.
7. You are notified via e-mail when each time that one of your evaluators completes their PPI.
8. **THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP**Once all of your evaluators have completed their PPI reports, you must log back into your PPI account and send a final report to the Texas Tech University Office of Planning and Assessment. Our office cannot access your PPI recommendations until you complete this step. This will prevent your application from being considered complete.
9. Once you submit it, ETS creates an evaluation report and sends it to the Texas Tech University Office of Planning and Assessment. An electronic version is typically received within 48 hours and a paper copy arrives within 2 weeks.
The evaluators that you choose should be individuals that you believe are best able to objectively comment on your intellectual and professional achievements and potential.
We may call or write your recommenders for more information.