[Date changed–posted 9/5/19 (replaces 10/2/13 edition)]
Operating Policy and Procedure
OP 30.14: Playing Electronic Music from University Bell Towers
DATE: September 5, 2019
PURPOSE: The purpose of this Operating Policy/Procedure (OP) is to establish the policy that governs the playing of electronic music from university bell towers.
REVIEW: This OP will be reviewed in September of odd-numbered years by the Managing Director of KTTZ-FM with substantive revisions forwarded to the Senior Vice Provost and the Provost and Senior Vice President.
1. KTTZ-FM radio will be responsible for programming broadcasts for Texas Tech University bell towers.
2. Music selections will be secular in nature and will include the Texas Tech University alma mater and fight song.
3. Broadcasting from the university bell towers will adhere to the following schedule and format:
a. Selected music from 7:45 to 8:00 a.m. and from 4:55 to 5:10 p.m. Monday through Friday;
b. Selected music during each scheduled passing period; and
c. Chimes will toll the hour beginning at 7:00 a.m. and continuing until 9:00 p.m.
4. This OP will not modify OP 30.21, Ringing Bells on Campus. However, Saddle Tramps or High Riders may request that the Texas Tech University alma mater or fight song be broadcast from university bell towers at the conclusion of the bell ringing designated in OP 30.21. KTTZ-FM will receive the requests and coordinate the broadcasts.
5. Requests to broadcast from the university bell towers for special events or purposes (e.g., university, city, state, or national celebrations or honors) should be made in writing to the Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs for approval by the President.
04 Audit Services
30 Academic and Student Affairs – General
32 Academic Policies – Faculty
34 Academic Policies – Students
36 Academic Programs
40 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
48 Communication Services
52 Information Technology
60 Environmental Health and Safety
61 Facilities Management
62 Financial and Accounting
63 General Services
64 Graduate Programs (Faculty and Students)
65 Research Accounting
67 Mail Services
68 Communications and Marketing
69 Payroll and Tax Services
70 Human Resources
72 Purchasing, Contracting, and Payables
77 Student Services and Registrar
78 Traffic and Parking