Family Weekend and Family Days
At Texas Tech, we encourage to visit your student and enjoy seeing your student's home in Raiderland! There are opportunities each semester to visit your Red Raider.
Save the Date for Family Weekend 2020
Family Weekend 2020 will be the weekend of October 15, 2020, when Texas Tech plays Baylor. Please note this is a Thursday night game. Watch here for more updates and a tentative schedule of activities in Summer 2020.
If Family Weekend on October 15th is not a convenient date for your family, we encourage you to visit your student during another football weekend or attend one of the Family Day opportunities below.
Family Day at First Friday Art Trail - November 6, 2020
Visit your student and experience one of Lubbock's most popular events, the First Friday Art Trail. Offered the first Friday of every month, the First Friday Art Trail attracts thousands of visitors from the Lubbock and Texas Tech communities to experience art, live music and dance performances, and food trucks! Admission and parking are free.
First Friday Art Trail will be from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Lubbock Downtown Arts District - start at the Louise Hopkins Underwood Center for the Arts (LHUCA). See the venue map here: http://www.ffat.org/docs/map.pdf
Family Day at the Carol of Lights - Date TBA
Visit your student and witness one of Texas Tech's most beloved traditions when we welcome the holiday season by lighting up the campus with more than 25,000 lights and enjoy performances by Texas Tech Choirs, music ensembles, and student organizations. For additional information and updates, visit the Carol of Lights website.
Future Family Weekend and Family Day dates will be published here and in the Parent & Family eNewsletter.
Check out Visit Lubbock for shopping, restaurants, events, and attractions to enjoy while you are here for Family Days or Family Weekend!
Parent of the Year Award
Started in 2013, the Parent of the Year Award is a more recent tradition added to Family Weekend. Students have the opportunity to nominate their parent, guardian, or grandparent who has impacted the student's life significantly, both personally and academically. This is a chance for Texas Tech to recognize the parents who contribute to the success of our students. The award is presented to the winners during Family Weekend on the field of the Jones AT&T Stadium.
Learn more about nominating someone for Parent/Grandparent of the Year HERE.
- View 2019 Texas Tech Parent/Grandparent of the Year Winners
- View 2018 Texas Tech Parent/Grandparent of the Year Winners
- View 2017 Texas Tech Parent/Grandparent of the Year Winners
- View 2016 Texas Tech Parent/Grandparent of the Year Winners
- View 2015 Texas Tech Parent of the Year Winners
- View 2014 Texas Tech Parent of the Year Winners
- View 2013 Texas Tech Parent of the Year Winners
Past Family Days
- Family Day at First Friday Art Trail - October 5, 2018.
- Family Day at Carol of Lights - November 30, 2018.
- Sibling Saturday 2019 - February 16, 2019.
- Texas Tech Lubbock Football Scrimmage - March 30, 2019
- Family Day at First Friday Art Trail, Spring Edition - April 5, 2019
- Family Day at First Friday Art Trail - November 1, 2019
- Family Day at Carol of Lights - December 3, 2019
- Sibling Saturday 2020 - February 15, 2020