How To Get Involved...
Being an involved parent is more crucial now than ever. Students need to know they have support as they navigate college life and strive to excel in a competitive arena. Research studies have shown that the more parents are involved, the more likely it is a student will remain enrolled and proceed to graduation. Parent involvement at Texas Tech is encouraged!
There are many ways for you to get involved and support your student:
- Attend Red Raider Orientation with your student
- Attend Family Weekend in the Fall
- Register for the Parent & Family eNewsletter to keep informed
- Join the Texas Tech Parents Association to connect with other parents and family members
- Get involved with your local chapter of Tech Parents
- Call/email/visit your student on a regular basis
- Send a care package
- Talk to your student about his or her academic progress
- Make contact with other Texas Tech parents
- Get involved locally with fellow Red Raiders
- Volunteer at campus events
Whether you are two miles away or 900, or whether your student is a freshman or a graduating senior, we encourage your involvement.
Browse the various programs, services, and events throughout this web site and find a way to get involved. If you have questions or need more information, please let us know. Calls, emails, and personal visits are always welcome.