Graduate Assistant Employment
Graduate Assistant Employment
Parent and Family Relations, a University department, seeks a motivated and energetic Graduate Assistant.
- Admissions and Recruiting Events – Plan and implement departmental participation in on-campus Undergraduate Admissions events including Transfer Visit Days, Connect Tech events, and Techsan Experience events. This includes hosting parent and family member check-in and information tables as well as gathering marketing materials and information for parents and family members attending the events.
- Red Raider Orientation (RRO) for Parents and Family Members – Assisting with various duties associated with departmental participation in RRO including parent and family member check-in, scheduling of student assistant staff, hosting parent and family member receptions, and corresponding with attendees.
- Other Departmental Events – Help with planning and implementation of other departmental events such as Holiday Bus Trips, Family Weekend, and Sibling Weekend.
- Assessment & Research – Support and administer program or department assessments to provide information on learning outcomes. Research information and resources for parent involvement in higher education, institutional peer practices in parent orientation, and other topics concerning parent involvement.
- Administrative Responsibilities – Manage event attendee email lists; manage reporting of attendee numbers; support the generalist functions of Parent & Family Relations.
Requirements: A bachelor's degree is required and candidates should have previous student affairs, student activities or student leadership experience. This position is designed for the individual who is pursuing a Master's degree. At time of employment, candidates must be accepted into a graduate degree program at Texas Tech University. Enrollment in the Higher Education program is preferred. This position is security sensitive. Applicants will be subjected to a background check and drug test. All candidates will be required to submit academic transcripts to verify education.
Remuneration: Graduate Assistants are 12-month appointments with a salary of $14 per hour. Fulltime enrollment of 9 credit hours a semester in a graduate program is required.
Hours: 20 hours per week. Graduate Assistants are expected to work all University workdays unless prior arrangements have been made with their supervisor and all job responsibilities are completed. Night and weekend hours are required at various times throughout the year.
To Apply: Applications should submit a cover letter, resume, academic transcript, letter of acceptance to Texas Tech University Graduate School and three (3) current references. Review of applicants to begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. EEO/Affirmative Action Institution.
For more information, please contact Christine Self, Parent & Family Relations, at (806) 742-3630 or email@example.com.
Below is the link for applicants to use to apply: