Parent & Family Relations Scholarships
Parent and Family Relations is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year. There are ten (10) scholarships available for $1,000 apiece. The criteria for the scholarships are as follows:
- Culturally diverse students within any academic major at TTU or TTUHSC
- At least 2.75 institutional and current GPA
- Enrolled full time
- Graduate or undergraduate
*Cultural diversity is not limited to one definition. Cultural diversity may include but is not limited to: possessing a unique personal or professional background, commitment to cultural experiences such as Study Abroad or Foreign Exchange, being a first generation college student, racial or ethnic diversity, age diversity, overcoming adversity, etc--there are many forms of cultural diversity.
The application for 2019-2020 will open February 1, 2019. Application deadline is Friday, February 15th at 11:59 p.m.
Registration link (eRaider login required):
Please have the following ready when you apply:
- eRaider required for login to application
- Basic contact information
- Basic educational information (college, major, etc.)
- Cumulative TTU Institutional GPA (do not include Transfer GPA unless you are a new transfer student or Overall GPA)
- Number of hours completed
- Expected graduation semester
- Answers to the following essay questions (500 word limit per question):
- Please share how you feel parent and family involvement is important to you as a student in higher education. For example: How have your parents and/or family members supported you in achieving your educational goals? "Parents and family members" can mean mothers, fathers, grandparents, guardians, or any adult who has helped support your goals. (limit 3,000 characters)
- Please share how receiving this scholarship will help you achieve your educational goals and what, if any, financial obstacles it would help you overcome
- Please describe any special contributions you make to the cultural diversity of Texas Tech University and your academic program.
- A copy of your resume to upload (PDF format only - other file formats will not be considered)
Questions about the Parent & Family Relations Scholarships? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 806-742-3630.