The R13 lot is getting a makeover.
As our campus grows, we continue to look for ways to provide additional parking and improve campus safety. As part of that process, expansion and renovation of the R13 parking area began this summer and is slated to finish in early fall 2019. The expansion includes the following permanent updates, and the map below illustrates the changes:
- 193 additional R13 parking spaces
- Through traffic to the interior portion of campus will no longer be allowed on 15th Street through the parking area. The parking area will be accessible via 15th & 17th Streets from University Avenue.
- Realignment of 15th Street and University Avenue entrance into the parking area
- Improved parking for parents taking children to the Child Development Research Center
- No loss of ADA or Doak Training Center spaces
Monday, August 26: The eastern portion of the expansion and 15th Street entrance open as shown in the map below. Yellow areas are R13 spaces, blue areas are ADA and time-zone spaces, and the red area is a path for construction vehicles to access the western portion that remains under construction.
Football Game-day Parking:
If you have a Red Raider Club parking permit for R13, you will enter from the light at 15th Street and University Avenue. Parking for your game-day permit will be in the portion north of the 15th Street driving aisle similar to last season where your spaces were north of 15th Street.
R13 spaces south of the 15th Street driving aisle are open parking. Make sure to avoid Z2 residence hall spaces. R13 and Z2 are separated by signage and a white line across the driving aisle.