Academic Skills Advisement
An Academic Skills Advisement is a private, one-on-one session with a Learning Center staff member. The student and staff member work together to create a program that will boost the student's academic skills. Our goal is to make the student's academic experience the best that it can be.
Skill areas that can be worked on include:
- Study Skills and Time Management
- Effective Listening and Note-Taking
- Improving Reading Comprehension
- Test-Taking Strategies and Test Anxiety
- Knowing Your Learning Style
Please schedule advisements at least 48 hours in advance.
Advisements are available Monday-Friday during Learning Center hours, subject to staff availability.
Advisements are 20-50 minutes in length.
For more information, please call the Learning Center at 742-3664, or come by Holden Hall Rm 80.