Letter of Welcome
- Welcome to the Support Operations for Academic Retention website at Texas Tech University. The Support Operations for Academic Retention department endeavors to assist students achieve academic success at Texas Tech. The department has five main areas: The Learning Center, Tech Transfer Acceleration Program, XL: Strategies for Learning, Supplemental Instruction, and Texas Success Initiative Developmental Education Program (TSI). You will find links to all five areas from this site.
- Each program's webpage describes more fully all of the services offered through that unit. We are committed to enhancing the academic experience for all the students using our services. Please explore the website to find the tools necessary to be successful in college.
Dr. Michelle Kiser,
- establishing collaborative relationships with faculty to strengthen
the students' educational experience;
- increasing learning opportunities to foster an eagerness to learn and
contribute toward lifelong learning for all Texas Tech students.
- ensuring that all students using any area of SOAR experiences full quality service addressing their personal and academic needs.