Personal Financial Planning
Join the PFP Double T Society
Would you agree that Texas Tech has the best PFP program in the country?
Have you ever thought, "Where would I be were it not for my degree in PFP? Would I have had the same opportunities? Would I have accomplished all I have?"
Our Goal is to raise $1,000,000 through individual $10,000 pledges given by alumni. The first donors to donate at least $10,000, in at least $1,000 annual increments, will receive membership in the prestigious PFP Double T Society. Each member will be recognized by having one's name placed on this exclusive list and memorialized with a plaque in the Charles Schwab PFP Technology Complex so that others can see these names a year from now and know you made a real difference to the program. You will also be recognized at the program's annual spring Opportunity Days banquet.
Being the best program in the country takes tremendous commitment on behalf of all its stakeholders. The PFP Alumni Advisory Board thought what better group of stakeholders than our own alumni to champion support for a capital campaign. We think our alumni should be the cornerstone of this campaign and we have created the PFP Double T Society to recognize the first 100 alumni responding to this call.
The program has certainly grown and accomplished a lot over the past 25 years!
We currently have 110 undergraduate students, 110 master's students, and 35 Ph.D. students. With over 140 years of industry experience, our faculty has more experience than any other program in the country. Designations held by our faculty: 16 Ph.D., 3 JD, 11 CFP®, 2 ChFC, 2 CLU, 2 AIF, 1 CPA, 1 PFS & 1 AFC.
In order to continue our path of excellence in personal financial planning, unrestricted funds allow us to be flexible in our ability to seize opportunities and provide ongoing experiences for the students in our program. In the past, unrestricted funds have allowed us to:
- Continue our robust internship program placing students in 46 states and 7 international locations
- Provide peer-to-peer financial counseling for all Texas Tech Students
- Develop online and classroom teaching programs for non-major students
- Take students on field trips to national industry conferences
- Recruit students from across the state and nation for diverse populations
- Invite national speakers for weekend courses and keynote presentations at PFP Department events
- Sponsor our annual Opportunity Days, career fair and interviewing days for industry professionals to meet our interns and new hires and offers them opportunities
- Offer community financial counseling and educational programs
- Be identified as "arguably the best undergraduate financial planning program in the country" by the New York Times
- Maintain a 94% job placement rate for the past 5 years.
Please fill out the information below to be re-directed to a secure payment TTU site.