The Purchasing and Contracting Department's mission is to provide value-oriented procurement and contract services in support of the University's mission to excel in instruction, research, and outreach.
We assist university departments in procuring the highest quality goods and services for the best value possible in a timely and efficient manner while adhering to the requirements of university, state and federal laws, regulations and procedures.
Our goals are to:
- Achieve excellence in customer service by working actively and consistently to improve our processes and tools.
- Deliver the right business solution through the creation of collaborative relationships which leverage our size and best procurement practices.
- Develop strategic supplier relationships, including small, minority and women-owned vendors.
- Be on the cutting edge of technology and to adapt to the changing needs of the university and our environment.
- Be recognized as a value-added service.
- To conduct business in a professional manner with integrity , openess, and fairness to all involved.