Board of Regents Grants Emeritus Appointments to Faculty Members
February 28, 2014
Texas Tech's list of distinguished faculty grows with board's move.
The Texas Tech University System Board of Regents conferred emeritus status on 11 Texas Tech professors.
Emeritus appointments are honorary and are given at retirement and are intended to recognize long and faithful service, or distinguished service to the university.
The chancellor concurred with the recommendation of the president that the Board of
Regents grant emeritus status to the individuals listed below:
- Kenneth Dixon, professor of environmental toxicology (13 years)
- Ernest Fish, chair and professor of natural resources management (40 years)
- Jerry Hudson, dean, College of Media and Communication, and professor of advertising and public relations (35 years)
- Paul Johnson, professor of sociology (23 years)
- JoAnn Klinker, associate professor of educational psychology and leadership (10 years)
- Magne Kristiansen, Horn Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering (47 years)
- MAK Lodhi, professor of physics (50 years)
- Walt Oler, associate professor of mechanical engineering (33 years)
- Janet Perez, Horn Professor of Classical and Modern Languages and Literatures (37 years)
- Sara Waters, professor of art (36 years)
- Diane Wood, professor of classical and modern languages and literatures (37 years)