Texas Tech Begins Reaffirmation Process
February 5, 2014
Important Target Dates Outlined
The University is preparing documentation to submit to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) for the 2015 reaffirmation of accreditation. Approximately 90 faculty and staff are drafting responses for the University’s Compliance Certification Report (CCR), which is a comprehensive self-study of the University’s quality, including all aspects of our academic programs, operations, policies, and procedures. The CCR is the first opportunity to represent Tech’s compliance with the 95 SACSCOC standards the university must meet in order to be reaccredited.
Reaffirmation is a process that includes three different levels of review of the information presented by the university. The following are important target dates that lead up to the 2015 reaffirmation:
- January 31, 2014 – First response drafts submitted to Office of Planning and Assessment for formal review
- April 1, 2014 – CCR draft is complete
- June 1, 2014 – CCR draft delivered to Provost and President for final review
- September 1, 2014 – CCR formally submitted to SACSCOC
- Submission of supplemental focused reports and the Quality Enhancement Plan – mid-December 2014
- On-site visit by SACSCOC Reaffirmation Review Team – February 24-26, 2015
- Consideration of all materials and final decision – December 2015
The CCR touches every part of the institution. The university is asking all faculty and staff to respond to any inquiries from the Office of the Provost or the Office of Planning and Assessment in a timely manner.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Catherine Parsoneault or Jennifer Hughes. You can also visit the TTU Reaffirmation website for more information.