OnRamps is a dual enrollment program that enables high school students to experience the academic rigor of college and earn college credit at Texas Tech or UT Austin while they are still in high school. Offerings include advanced courses with college-aligned content that transfer to any public university in Texas as core credits. Each participating High School teacher receives over 100 hours of training in innovative pedagogy and technology-enhanced education. Unique features of the program are that students are not required to take the TSI exam and have until the last day of class to claim their credit or drop the course without penalty.
Dual enrollment: Receive separate grades from the high school teacher and the college instructor.
- Offers challenging courses weighted as AP or Honors
- Fulfills requirements for High School STEM Endorsement
- Highly trained teachers
- Transfers to any public university in Texas as a core credit
- Students have until the last day of class to claim credit or drop the course without penalty TSI is not required
School Districts through Texas
- Math: Precalculus, Statistics
- Science: Physics I/II, Computer Science, Geoscience
- English: English III/V
- History: History I/II
Earned credit will transfer to any public university in Texas as a core curriculum credit.
How to Apply
Contact your high school counselor to register. Prerequisite courses are identified by each high school.