Announcing: 2019 Texas Tech Regional Engaged Scholarship SymposiumWednesday, April 10, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
McKenzie-Merket Alumni Center
Texas Tech University
Faculty, staff, and students from two- and four-year institutions are invited to attend the 2019 Regional Engaged Scholarship Symposium at Texas Tech University in Lubbock. The symposium will feature break-out sessions, workshops, and roundtable discussions focused on the theory and practice of Engaged Scholarship in Higher Education.
An engaged institution is one that has redesigned its teaching, research/creative activity, and service to be responsive to diverse community needs and changing societal challenges, while enriching faculty scholarship and the student experience through mutually beneficial community partnerships.
We are inviting proposals for presentations from college and university faculty, academic
staff, administrators, and students that will inform or advance the theory and practice
of engaged teaching, research/creative activity, or service in higher education based
on research or evidence-based practice.
- For details regarding proposal criteria, click here.
- Deadline: The deadline for proposal submissions is February 28, 2019 (11:59 pm).
- To submit a proposal, click here.
Featured Keynote Speaker:
Dr. KerryAnn O'Meara, University of Maryland
To learn more about KerryAnn O'Meara, visit her website at kerryannomeara.com.
- To register to attend the 2019 Regional Engaged Scholarship Symposium, click here.
Registration for the one-day symposium is free for Texas Tech System employees and students, $35 for faculty and staff from other institutions, and $15 for students from other institutions. There is no charge for community members to attend.
The symposium will take place at the McKenzie-Merket Alumni Center located at the corner of 19th Street and University Avenue on the Texas Tech University campus.
- Map of McKenzie-Merket Alumni Center location on Texas Tech campus.
- Map from registered hotels: The Overton Hotel and Hyatt Place Lubbock.
- Map of the McKenzie-Merket Alumni building.
Dr. Birgit Green
University Outreach and Engagement